Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

30 June, 2008

S&G - Obama Said WHAT?

I'd been doing a lot of running around this morning, and got home just in time to hear Obama giving a speech. Before I could change the channel, I heard him talking about "patriotism". In his words, Lincoln suspended Habeus Corpus and Roosevelt interred the Japanese-Americans in the name of "patriotism", and anyone who dared disagreed was deemed unpatriotic. Obviously, Obama doesn't know the difference between Patriotism and National Security. And he wants to be President?

I got an email from a friend, who's on the left, who was upset that he found out about Congress legislating incandescent light bulbs out of existence by 2013. Everyone must have the energy-savers by then. I know of at least one case where one broke in a bedroom and the clean-up because of the mercury in the bulbs cost over $2,000. I wrote him back welcoming him to the Nanny State and his reply? And I quote: "I try to follow the more important news items, not every petty law that Congress comes up with! This is an ill conceived law." Apparently it never dawned on him that it's the petty pissant laws that are stripping our freedoms.

Whoever it was who first came up with the term "common sense" was a f'kwit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|