Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

23 May, 2008

I'm Mad As Hell

And I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore!

It's bad enough that our government moved Memorial Day to a Monday Holiday, so folks can use it as an excuse for the unofficial start of Summer. I still observe May 30th.

Then came the businesses - ads on TV, in the newspapers, in the mail, all advertising their "Memorial Day Sales". But to me, the worst came in an email this morning.

Now, with grandkids, I'm on the email list for Disney shopping. You can usually get some good deals through the sales they have, and the girls are really into Disney.

But today I'm cancelling my subscription to these.

This morning I got an email from Disneyshopping.com that says, in large letters, "Salute Summer With Our Memorial Day Sale!" For Disney to put out something like that with nothing about the reason or meaning of Memorial Day has really jerked my chain.

Feel free to to to their site, go down to the "contact us" and let them know how you feel. I sure as hell did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|