Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

08 November, 2005

Where's the Outrage?

While reading through the local rag this morning, I discovered something that really surprised me - although I guess I should know better.

Did you know that, if you live in North Carolina, anyone who asks a county's board of electors can get a list of registered voters in that area? This list gives:
* Name
* Residential Address
* Mailing Address
* Sex
* Race
* Age or Date of Birth
* Party Affiliation
* What Elections They Voted In

In fact, it give just about everything but phone number and social security number.

Why would mass mailers ever buy a list when they can get this for free?

I suggest you check with your state and find out what personal information they are giving out. I think this is worth contacting your local governor and state reps about, don't you?

|