Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

15 February, 2005

The Search For PEARL

The estate of Janis Joplin has announced that they are going to hold a new "reality" series - "The Search For Pearl" to find (I guess) a sound-alike for Janis. The winner will play with Big Brother & The Holding Company, the Kozmic Blues Band and Full Tilt Boogie Band. The tour will culminate in a star-studded tribute concert in 2006.

Another "cutsie" idea. Right now there are hundreds, if not thousands, of women singing blues in this country who deserve to be recognized and have their music brought before the pubic. People like me who listen to a lot of classic and contemporary blues hear these ladies and are just left in awe of their talent.

How 'bout people like this estate, and the estates of other blues men and women, along with the living legends like Buddy Guy who have blues clubs, put some money into developing these women?

I've always loved the Blues. It's the roots of all rock and it's about time it gets the recognition it deserves - without looking for a kareoke stand-in for Pearl.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's' it going GOC in Winston Salem? During my search for south homes rothstein florida information I came across your blog.

I found it interesting, too bad I gotta look elsewhere for south homes rothstein florida info...but I'm going to bookmark your cool blog anyway.

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey GOC in Winston Salem, nice blog! I came across your blog while searching for homes florida south info for my site.

You had an interesting title so I decided to check it out. Come see my homes florida south site if you get time. Thanks for the read.;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|