Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

13 February, 2005

The Things I Missed


See what happens when you take a week off and don't have any news? I just found out about dear LtGen James N. Mattis, USMC, and his comments in San Diego.

Apparently someone (undoubtedly fully supporting our military) taped the comments, which were released as, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. ... It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling."

I'd love to know what's in those ellipsis, wouldn't you?

While I was a Marine I knew several like the good General. Me? I was shit-scared most of the time dodging the incoming rounds, so I had a different point of view.

But, true to form, when a warrior gets in front of the ignorant, the shit will fly. Mattis ends up with an extremely mild tap on the wrist from the Commandant and told to go forth and sin no more (or at least pick a new type of sin).

I guess the only cure for this type of situation is to keep the ignorant safely wrapped in their cotton wool while the warriors - past, present and future - get together and swap lies with others who understand where they've been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|