Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

18 October, 2004

Boy, Is My Face Red!

In my post about "Are They Misstating Themselves", I got so rapt in what I was doing that I completely forgot about Sen. Kerry and his Social Security claims.

Now, he based those claims on an article in the New York Times Magazine. In that article the writer made claims about Social Security that had nothing to do with President Bush (in the New York Times? I'm Shocked!).

Kerry decided to treat the article as if those words had been spoken by the President and he ran with them in southern Florida. Gee - I wonder if the residents of Florida might be interested in Social Security? Especially a claim that Bush was going to privatize Social Security and cut the benefits!

Of course, there is a rub. President Bush never said that. What he did say was that they were looking into possibly allowing younger populations to privatize a part of their Social Security. Similar to current 401k. Not much different, is it? Yeah, right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|