Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

18 October, 2004

Break Time

I've decided to take a break from watching or listening the news for a while today. I'm still got the outlines in my head for another of my trademark blitherings; whether I get around to them today or tomorrow is still up for grabs. I think I just need a rest from the bullshit that passes for political discourse in this country.

My first election was 1972, so I'm not exactly new to all this - but without a doubt this election is the dirtiest I have ever seen. This includes several elections I witnessed in Australia. While President Bush and the Republican National Committee aren't without stain, this is by far the filthiest politics by the Democrats that I have ever witnessed. Now that tomorrow marks the fortnight to go mark in this election, I'm just waiting to see what they are going to come up with next.

P. T. Barnum once said "No one ever went broke by underestimating human stupidity." I think that even he would have been jaded by this election. The gullibility of those buying into the Dem's lines about Social Security and the reinstatement of conscription are pretty much of legendary qualities. Hell, most college students today couldn't even tell you what "conscription" means!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|