Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

06 May, 2006

A Fantastic Evening

Last night Attitude With Legs, my Sidekick and I went to a Winston Salem Warthogs baseball game. The Warthogs are an Advanced Class A farm club of the Chicago White Sox.

They had something a little special at the game - for the first time in history the World Series trophy came to Winston Salem. Not only did they have it on display, you could have your picture taken with it.

Now, I've been a White Sox fan since I was a pup living on the South Side of Chicago. I can remember when the fire chief set off all the air raid sirens in the city when the Sox last won the pennant in 1959 - then they proceeded to lose the Series to the Dodgers.

An opportunity to have my picture taken with that hardware - along with one of the rings given to the players - was too much to ignore. It may not happen again in my lifetime, but Damn - it felt so good!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Truly a Night To Remember!

|