Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

13 January, 2006

Back Again - I hope

As anyone who red the comment below would've found out, Mother Nature - the bitch - spiked me this morning and put my desktop machine out of commission. I know I could have gone to the laptop, but that seemed like giving up hope.

It turned out that the UPS - which never did give me the battery backup it claimed - sacrificed itself and saved everything else. I'm back on a "surge guard" power strip for now, but at least I haven't lost everything (yeah, I make backups. Once a month or whenever I think of it. I think I'll do one now!)

I have a stack of stuff for an S&G but it's too late today. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|