Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

19 October, 2004

You Know It Was A Long Weekend ...

[whingeing]
When the second recovery day is worse than the first.

If someone would kindly shove a 2x4 up my ass, I could pass as shit on a stick. Yeah - that bad.
[\whingeing]

I've spent most of the day in the supine position - or prone - or flat (whichever you prefer) reading Ann Coulter's latest book. After I finish it, I'm going to have to go back through it with a highlighter (well, I AM a geek!) and pick out the best quotes. That's going to require several highlighters! Once I get my head right I'm going to start on "Battle Ready" - the one that Tom Clancy and retired USMC General Tony Zinni collaborated on. I have heard a couple of things about this where the authors would make great shills for Kerry, but I'll have to make up my own mind on that. Hearing something like that does taint your approach to a book, though.

Then the latest Terry Pratchett, then Ollie North's latest War Stories, then - well, you get the idea. Somewhere along the way I'll fit in some blogging, too! There are just too many outstanding sites out there. Even a "stay at home grandpa" like me can't get through them all.

But I try!

|