Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

01 November, 2007

It's Getting Better

Well, I finally got the email to work on the new machine. I still have to get all the contacts added, and when my music was copied over from the backup external, it doubled every song.

Now, normally that might not be a problem, but I have around 1,400 Cd's and they're all on the computer. Figure out the average number of songs on each CD and you can see the problem.

My old scanner wouldn't work with VISTA, so I got a new present - a CANON printer / copier / scanner and fax, although the fax part is a waste. I tried out the scanner and it's great. I've used CANON printers for about 15 years because they're the easiest to use, install, and until recently the ink was inexpensive - it's still cheaper than many others. I also used it to make T-Shirt transfers, and the ink is permanent and didn't need rinsing in vinegar like some others.

So much for the commercial. As a person who still misses DOS 3.11, dBase and Clipper, I'm starting to come to grips with the new system - but there's a few system programs they've hidden. I'm getting too freakin' old for playing hide and seek.

I'm still viewing VISTA as the enemy, but it does have some nice features.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|