Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

05 October, 2007

A Short-Term Memory S&G

It's been so long since I've done an S&G that I'm trying to remember how I did them, so I'm going to start out slowly and see if I can get better at it. Listening to VH1 Classic should help.

Don't you just love the way official lies - better known as Political Correctness - has come up with a dating system of CE and BCE, denoting the Common Era? Just curious, but what would this "Common Era" be based on? You think it could be BC and AD??

And I know I'm an old fart, but I can remember when we had Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen. It seems we don't have them anymore - just "Warfighters". I have a feeling that term came about thru the laziness of the media - too hard to actually identify the troops.

Anyone out there remember when body counts - mostly inflated - were kept of the enemy during the Vietnam War, and how the media thought that was disgusting? Now the same media revels in keeping their own body counts - of American dead and wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Each of the above tend to give me a nasty attitude, but the last one really gives me the shits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|