Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

15 December, 2006

How Time Flies

Back in 1971, when I attended Marine Security Guard School, it was at Henderson Hall. I don't even know if that place exists anymore, but it was bounded by Fort Myer, Arlington Cemetery and the Navy Annex. Now I understand the school is at Quantico. One part of the training was that we had to agree to remain single throughout our tour.

Thirty three years (and a day or two) ago, my tour ended, and my Australian bride - She Who Must Be Obeyed - and I were married in Canberra, Australia.

Since then, we've been all over the U.S., Australia and were even in Germany long enough for Boy Wonder to have been born there.

We have been in Winston Salem for about the longest we've been in one place - and with a 31-year old son and a daughter who turned 30 yesterday, along with our three precious grand daughters - I love her as much now as ever and wouldn't change a thing - except maybe my health!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|