Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

12 November, 2006

Party Time in Winston Salem

There was some serious partying going on here in Winston Salem last night - with good reason.

Last night Wake Forest played the Florida State Seminoles at Florida. Since Bobby Bowden took over as coach there the Seminoles had never been shut out at home. Hell, they hadn't been shut out at home since 1973. Then along came the Demon Deacons, who for years have been pretty much a joke in Division 1A football. And all Hell broke loose.

Wake Forest not only beat Florida State, they absolutely shat upon them, 30 to Zip, giving the Demon Deacons a 9-1 record and left Bobby Bowden wondering what the Hell happened.

To be honest, I didn't give Wake Forest much chance in this game, but as I watched it I was shocked and stunned.

Wake still has two tough games before the end of the season - Maryland and Virginia Tech. The Tech game is here in town - the stadium is about 15 minutes from my house - and if I can get tickets (and if my body can hold out) I might have to get to that last home game. This is the best team in Wake Forest history, and if I can get to the game it'll give me the vicarious chance to be a part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|