Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

11 November, 2006

An Interesting Afternoon

I decided to put on my ribbons, my marksmanship medals and my rank pins on my collar and went for a drive to Best Buy and Barnes & Noble.

It turned into an interesting hour or so. A few people stopped me and thanked me for my service. One gentleman who had to be of WWII vintage stopped dead at Barnes & Noble and locked up and threw me a salute.

What really stood out to me was the younger generations - the late teens and twenties - would take a quick glance at me and instantly find something else of great interest.

I think that last group is a direct result of the Iraq War - it was like they would like to treat me like I was treated when I returned from Nam, but didn't have the balls. I believe they really need to be educated about our nation's past, but today's public schools and universities have no intention of doing that.

A shame. A real damn shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|