Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

26 September, 2005

I Love Theory

Over this last weekend, our bunker has undergone a fairly large upheaval. The office has become a bedroom, the existing bunks went to Attitude With Legs and the second bedroom is to become half-bedroom, half-office. The best thing to come of it from my point of view is that I now have my "mainframe" (read desktop) back in my room. As nice as the laptop is, there are times when it's just more comfortable to use the big screen. Besides, Outlook Express on the little one has chucked a hissy - I need the other for the email!

On a different note, I see that so far this football season there's been little bitching about replay making the game longer. I have a good idea how to shorten it, if they really need to. Several times yesterday I saw where a touchdown was scored - followed by 3 minutes of ads. Then the kickoff - 3 more minutes of ads. The receiving team went 3-and-out - you guessed it - 3 more minutes.

The one game the TV asswads have been trying to shorten, so they can get more scheduling in, is baseball. I don't know about anyone else, but when I went to a game, I planned on staying there the whole afternoon (they had day games back then). Who other than TV wants the game shortened? What's next? End extra innings and have ties?

Of course this is just an intellectual exercise, since I've gotten to where I watch purely to see if one of those millionaires has to get stretchered off the field!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|