Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

21 September, 2005

OK - So I Lied

So I thought I was doing better. Today's been fer shit, physically and mentally, but ya do what ya gots to do, right?

I was doing some looking into this terrible hurricane season the Chicken Littles have been telling us about. It turns out that these 17 named storms we've had so far have been a bit of a joke. Don't believe me? Try this -

Hurricanes that hit -
The U.S. 3 1/2 (Ophelia really was a near miss)
Mexico 1
The Carib 0

Tropical Storms that hit -
The U.S. 2
Mexico 2
The Carib 2

That looks to me to be 10 1/2 storms, which would take us to "K" in names. The other six? They were named pretty much as soon as they started spinning off the African coast and never came near any land mass larger than Michael Moore's ego. Don't believe me? Go here and see for yourself.

Maybe if the hurricane center would name storms when they have even a slight chance of affecting land, we'd see this season is no worse that most others.

Of course that's just my opinion. I could be outta my freakin' mind.

4 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger jiri said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Dominicans resources said...

::FREE BLOGS AND FREE WORDPRESS BLOG HOSTING - CREATE UNLIMITED BLOGS NOW ALL FREE ::

Free blogging network hosting speicalist

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend just showed me this neat website full of killing joke
I cant believe the quantity an quality of humerous killing joke it contains
Heres one of the jokes i found on it:
Bob brought some friends home to his apartment one night after they had been out painting the town. One friend noticed a big brass gong in Bobs bedroom and asked about it."Thats not a gong" Bob replied "thats a talking clock. Watch this!"
Bob struck the gong and sure enough a voice on the other side of the wall screamed "Hey your jerk its 3 o'clock in the morning!"

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger BLOG CREATE JEANE said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you,GOC in Winston Salem, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.I have a
database web hosting provider site. It offers database web hosting provider related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best success!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|