Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

26 May, 2005

Eason Jordan in Skirts

I saw this at the Sailor's site - where the head of the journalist's union, some tart named Linda Foley, did an Eason Jordan. Accuse the American military of deliberately using journalists in war zones as target practice. Like Jordan, she does not only with no evidence but without even allowing for follow-up interviews.

The text of her main quote, which I got from the Washington Times, is: "Journalists, by the way, are not just being targeted verbally or politically," Miss Foley said Friday in St. Louis. "They are also being targeted for real, in places like Iraq. What outrages me as a representative of journalists is that there is not more outrage about the number, and the brutality, and the cavalier nature of the U.S. military toward the killing of journalists in Iraq."

She then went on to "clarify" her statement by adding that, "I was careful of not saying troops, I said U.S. military."

Now, just how that little bit of clarification explains anything I haven't figured out yet. If the U.S. Military is shooting journalists (no offence as far as I'm concerned) and it's not the troops, well, I'll be buggered if I can understand it. WAIT - I HAVE IT!! She must mean that there's DoD civilians over there who are trying to bag their limit!! That explains everything, right?

I think her comparison with Eason should be completed - she should be fired before she even has a chance to quit.

Oh, yeah - to all (each?) of you wondering about my current state of play, I feel good enough to do something spectacularly stupid again - but I hope I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|