Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

25 May, 2005

Reality is Highly Overrated

After two days spent thinking I was still lean and mean (wrong on both counts) today has been spent horizontal. This is the type of day the laptop was made for.

To give you some idea, I didn't even do the dogshit patrol today. Nothing. Watched some TV and read. Which reminds me -

If you have any interest in history, I have the perfect book for you. It's To Rule the Waves by Arthur Herman, and it traces the English Navy from its roots in the 16th century to present. It doesn't have as many maps as I would like to refer to, but it's eminently readable; not in the least a "textbook." I had thought myself reasonably well read on the subject of the Royal Navy, but I have learned a great deal from this. I highly recommend it.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping that, by tomorrow, I'll be able to stand erect for a change and be able to bend both down and up - not just down. I should be able to let you know by morning.

Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|