Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

10 January, 2005

I'm Skeptical

The Department of the Navy tells us that the USS San Francisco grounded itself 350 miles from Guam, killing one sailor and injuring dozens of others.

Have a look at this shot of the sub coming in to port:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Judging by the damage to the conning tower, they must have "grounded" themselves upside down. It looks to me more like the damage that would be received by hitting a floating object - say, another ship?

El Calamaro Grande? Any other Navy types out there? I can't see anything in the bow wave that would indicate underwater damage. Please enlighten me, for I am but a poor, iggernut and itenerant Formar Jarhead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|