Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

06 October, 2004

We're Back - And Alive!

We ended up taking my son and his 3 year old daughter with us to the Fair, and I don't think you could've scraped the smile off of her with a shovel. Of course no one thought to bring a camera. She had a ball going on the kiddie rides, eating ice cream, hot dogs, fries, etc, etc. I stuck with the simple and healthful foods - a funnel cake and chili cheese fries. As soon as I can catch up with my arteries I should be in good shape.

I've always enjoyed fairs like this, but I don't do crowds very well, so a Wednesday afternoon was perfect. I made it about three hours before my body went from push to shove. I thought I did pretty well, all things considered. Unfortunately for the rest of the day I will be paying for that little walk. Such is life.

I took time to talk with both the Democrats and the Republicans there. The Libertarian was too busy on his cell phone to bother about people. Both were pleasant - the Dems were grateful to have someone to talk to. The Republicans were swamped but still found time to talk with everyone. We picked up a "W 04" magnet for the car and off to the rides.

If there's anyone out there in the vicinity of Winston Salem and thinking of going to the fair, here's a hint for you - eat at the W-S Firemen's booth. They cook the food when you order it and the chili on the dogs and fries is very tasty - not spicy hot, but good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|