Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

05 October, 2004

I Could Get Used To This!

I think I mentioned a while back that I got an early Christmas present - a laptop with a wireless router. It's a lobotomized little Dell, but it does everything I need to do - especially since I can sit in bed and do it.

Now that I've thrown about 100 or so CDs on it, it's getting to be downright livable (the entire collection of 1200 - 1300 or so is on the desktop's 80 gig second disk). If only I could take a shotgun to this keyboard and turn it into a REAL one!

One question I have for the Illumanati out there, though. In your considered opinion, would I do better by getting a second copy of Office for this beast (it came with WordPerfect of all things!) or should I get something like PC Anywhere for roughly the same price so that I can run my desktop remotely?

It's a serious question, and I hope someone out there will give me some tips. I'm an old mainframer, and PCs have grown unimaginably since I first started playing with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|