Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

28 August, 2004

An Apology And ... ...

I have heard from my Troll again, and it would appear that, first of all I owe him an apology. What showed up on my system as “General Correspondence” should have been “General Correspondence Secretary”. So it was NOT anonymous, and I apologize for listing it as such.

In relation to the statement that rich white men were able to avoid the war, he says:
“My point, however, is that most men who were eligible for college got deferments and most men who were eligible for college were white and above middle class”

This is pretty much what I thought he’d mean about “the rich”, but that makes so many assumptions – that none of the lower classes could get into schools with grants or scholarships; that none of these “rich kids” flunked out or just didn't want to be in school; or that those who went to Canada and Europe have no effect on the equation.

My dad was a cop and my mom worked in a factory to get ends to almost meet. When I got out of High School I went to a technical college for a while, but it wasn’t what I wanted. The day I turned 18 I was in the recruiter’s office and two days later I was downtown Chicago, doing the physical, written tests, sworn in and by one am the following day I was on the yellow footprints in San Diego.

That was my choice – my decision. Regardless of my “class”, I didn’t have to.

Now, as far as John Kerry is concerned. My troll seems to believe that, on the balance of probabilities, Kerry’s version of his service is true and correct. I don’t, but I can accept this view. John Kerry, and no one else, decided that Viet Nam was going to be the centerpiece of his campaign. Since he did, that puts it, and all connected with it, open for examination.

Let’s leave his Viet Nam service for now and look at what he did right after he got out of the Navy. Are you familiar with the web site www.wintersoldier.com? That is the most heavily documented site I have ever seen. It tells about Kerry’s testimony at the Fulbright Committee, his work for the Vietnam Veterans Against the War and his involvement with the Winter Soldier “set up” in Michigan.

It also had information on his TWO trips to Paris while the Paris Peace Talks were going on, and the contacts he made with the North Viet Namese government officials. That is specifically spelled out be our Constitution as Treason, but he has never been called on it.

Do you want to look at Kerry’s Senatorial record? How about his attendance at committee meetings? Or maybe his votes on Security, Military or Intelligence bills? How about when he was on the POW/MIA Committee and, despite all evidence to the contrary that our men were still there, pulled the plug on it so that a relative could get in on the business openings?

IMHO, the man is a liar and a fraud, and the very fact that he has been selected to run for President scares the shit out of me. Any questions?

1 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Corresponding Secretary General said...

Thanks for the apology, very gracious of you.

Yeah, I get it, you just don't like the guy. I have no problem with that. I would just caution you not to accept everything you hear about him in your attempts to dislike him even more. That sort of sloppy thinking leads to more, well, sloppy thinking.

I won't bother you anymore.

Affectionately,

Michelle (Corresponding Secretary General)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|