Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

06 August, 2008

Clarification

In my post "Silly Question" below, by what I've heard there's quite a few people who open several savings and checking accounts in the same bank. They think that by doing this they can beat the $100,000 FDIC deposit insurance.

Wrong!

When the FDIC goes thru a financial institution's accounts, they do it be Social Security Number, not account numbers. If everything you have totals more than the limit, you lose.

Be safe - use several different banks, credit unions, etc, so you don't end up "in the position".

Of course, since my daily hits have dropped to the point that I'm basically writing to myself, I don't expect this info to go very far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|