Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

11 November, 2007

Veterans Day

This is a day to acknowledge the service of all veterans. It is a day to observe, not to celebrate.

I tend to get upset when people say "Happy Veterans Day". I put it down to ignorance, because there's nothing about war or combat that's worth celebrating.

This is a day that tends to hit me fairly hard, thinking of those I served with and all the others in all our wars that never came home. But today also honors all vets, past and present - no matter where or when they served. Just making the sacrifice in a person's life to serve their country is one of the highest acts a person can make.

To any vets going out today, please remember that the Secretary of Vets Affairs has asked that we wear our medals and ribbons with pride. They were not "awarded", they were earned and should be worn with pride.

May everyone have a safe day, and take time to stop and remember.


A little P.S. to this post - I was out front this afternoon, looking up and down the whole length of my street, and I saw a grand total of one American Flags - the one in front of my house.

Assholes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|