Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

27 May, 2007

Memorial Day? I Don't Think So

Don't forget to fly your flags tomorrow to celebrate the start of the Summer Bar-B-Que season.

I may be an old fart who refuses to change, but Memorial Day is the 30th of May, not some three-day weekend.

Please - PLEASE - fly the flag on Wednesday to mark the proper day.

Also, I've been hearing quite a lot on TV and such that it's a time to think about our troops overseas.

Wrong.

Memorial Day is to remember and celebrate the lives of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of our Nation.

Yeah - I needed to vent, and this is about my only outlet without causing more damage to my carcass!!

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger FHB said...

Well said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|