Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

24 October, 2006

Going Into Recovery Mode

The last few days have been pretty good for me, so I knew it was time to do a stupid. I may have outdone myself.

Last night, Boy Wonder and one of his mates dragged this tired old carcass to a concert in Raleigh, NC - a good 2 hour drive each way. The bands were Motley Crue, who I can normally take or leave, but the headliners were Aerosmith, and both of them put on one hell of a show. I've been listening to Aerosmith for more years then I (or they) would care to admit and this was my first opportunity to see them live. Only problem - we were on the lawn, so every time I tried to sit I couldn't see crap because of everyone in front standing. Besides which, by the time the concert was over it was 35 degrees out - I froze my ass off.

Got home after 1am, didn't get to sleep until after 2, and got woken up by She Who Must Be Obeyed at 6 this morning when she started getting ready for work.

Ya know, for at least the last two decades I've known that I have to balance what I want to do against what I'm going to have to pay physically for it.

I'm glad I went, and enjoyed myself immensely, but I think today and tomorrow are going to be spent in bed eating pills and trying to nap. I've got a bad feeling that it's going to take a lot longer than two days to recover from this one - but I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|