Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

05 March, 2006

What Has Islam Become?

First, I have to say just how scary it is that I agree with Osama's second in command, Zawahiri, about anything. But when he said that Jesus and Mohammad are no longer sacred but homosexuals are - well, I found myself nodding my head.

Now - over the past couple of years Islam has pretty much been required learning at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. So if that terrorist asswipe from Iran who drove the SUV through the student gathering would have just demonstrated, most of the kids he tried to kill would have most likely joined him. I haven't figured out how killing a group of college students makes up for Muslims killed elsewhere. But there's a lot about these asswipes I haven't figured out.

As I've written here before, I spent 13 months in Pakistan. I was stationed as a Marine Security Guard at Islamabad, but I also got to Lahore, the Margala Hills (the foothills of the Himalayas), Peshawar and the Khyber Pass. I made an attempt to learn Urdu and I loved my time there. I spent a lot of my time away from the other Americans and tried to learn everything I could about the history, religion and culture. This was in 1971 - 1972 and the Paki's were very friendly with us.

How the Muslims have turned from the people I knew to what they are now is a real shame, and it saddens me no end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|