Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

07 May, 2005

An Evening With Wally

Today (and possibly tomorrow) is a recovery day for me. For a very good reason.

Last night was Eldest Granddaughter's reward for a reading program they had in school. She got free admission to the baseball game, free hot dog and soda, and free (and very chintzy) souviners. Of course, those accompanying her had to pay, so they didn't miss out on much!

So two granddaughters, my girl-child and I were off to the Warthogs game. Sitting on the metal bleachers for well over three hours engrossed in a real pitcher's duel! Final score? 13-10 the 'Hogs lost to the Potomac Nationals, the Class A team here in the Carolina League of the D.C. team. I guess if I really stretched it I could claim that it was an act of patriotism that the home team lost. Even having Wally and Wilbur Warthogs on the sidelines couldn't help - and yes, they have people dressed up like walking warthogs!

Before the game they had all the 'readers' on the field, then there were fireworks after the game (not too bad for a Friday night in Winston Salem). They turned the lights on after the "blow off" and let all the kids on the field to run the bases.

All in all, a fun evening, but I really should have gone home by the third inning. The problem was that I was the driver, so when I left we all left.

The things we do for our grandchildren.

I also heard that some clown named Hairy Weed called the President "A Loser" when talking to a bunch of kids, but that wouldn't have happened, would it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|