Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

19 April, 2005

What A Morning!

Yeah, I know - late again. I gots an excuse. Really.

I had an early appointment at the VA today that got stretched until after Noon. The Doctor I see there is extremely efficient and not at all officious, so that got stretched out a bit. She sent me for a phlebotomy, then later got me to have another one because they didn't get enough the first time.

So see? I got an excuse!!

I got home just in time to see the new Pope Benedictus XVI - he already has the nickname Papa Ratzi. Gives it a whole new meaning, huh?

They think his hard line against variations from existing dogma might have something to do with his background. As a 14 year old he was a Hitler Youth and then served in the German Army during WWII.

Let me set something straight right now - if you grew up in Nazi Germany during that period, I'm surprised that he wasn't in the Youth from age 10! If you wern't in the Hitler Youth from age 10 to age 18, you were Jewish, Gypsy or Homosexual. No one cared if you wanted to be in it - you were in it. The same with his time in the Army - especially towards the end of the war - if you were German, man, woman or child - you served in the Army. Conscientious Objector status wasn't a really big thing in Germany back then.

Got it? Good.

I'll check to see if anything else happened today - I think the W-S Urinal has some stuff for me - and I'll be back in a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|