Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

11 March, 2005

I'm Stunned. Again.


After spending most of yesterday trying to get up a post - any post - without success, it looks like Blogger is going to let me play with the big kids today.

I gues it's true - you get what you pay for.

While perusing today's issue of the Urinal, two stories jumped out at me. The first was about the anniversary of the Tokyo firebombings in March, 1945. In it we were told what a 'war crime' we had comitted, but there was no explanation as to why it still took over five months before Japan finally surrendered. I don't remember any in the Japanese government falling on their katana over that.

The second story is one of the worst excesses of journalism I think I have ever seen.

A reporter named Jessica Guenzel filed a report of a standoff in the town of Pilot Mountain that ended in an apparent murder suicide. This "reporter" then names both the man and the woman, giving their full street address. The very next line in the story?

"Authorities declined to confirm the identities of the victims, pending notification of family members."

I don't think the police will have to worry about that now, do you? I think they'll get it from the newspaper, like they should, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|