Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

14 January, 2008

Welcome to Geezerhood

Well, today I turn 57, and I have to admit I don't feel a day over 85 - I think this officially moves me from Old Fart status to Geezer. Many years ago there were quite a few people who would have given you odds that I wouldn't have seen 21.

Even tho I've pretty much given up on birthdays, the grand kids have fun with them. And I have to admit that, even with all the physical problems I've had over the years, having been married to the same woman for 34 years who has nursed me and loved me thru the good and bad makes me feel pretty lucky.

Speaking of physical problems, my #1 grand daughter had both of her feet operated on last week and isn't allowed to put any pressure on them, so she must now spend at least 4 - 6 weeks in a wheelchair. For a ten year old, having to deal with the pain and having to rely on others for help with the most basic things is a version of hell that I'm glad I never saw.

It took less that 24 hours for cabin fever to set in and, while she's surrounded by things to do, she just can't be bothered getting into anything right now. So far I've managed to go see her each day and today I think I'll take a "Pirates of the Caribbean" version of the Game of Life over and have her kick my butt - as usual.

She's always been my sidekick and has looked after me. The least I can do is return the favor. So I ask that you spare a thought for her - if she does what she's told she should come out of this with two good feet and hopefully will run me ragged!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|