Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

29 November, 2007

From a Former Football Fan

I have to confess - I'm a heretic. Even though I was born and raised in and around Chicago, I've spent so much time overseas that I now support both the Bears and the Green Bay Packers (unless they play the Bears).

Tonight, the Pack is playing the Cowboys for the best record in the NFC, but about 70% of the football fans won't be able to watch the game - it's being broadcast on the NFL Channel. I know my Time Warner refuses to carry that channel because of the exorbitant amount the NFL wants.

I'm waiting for the NFL to just put all the games on pay per view. That way they can drive away the majority of fans who can't afford it. Hell, unless you have a fistful of hundreds you don't know what to do with, you can't even afford to attend a game anymore.

It seems that all of the pro sports are jacking up prices to drive away the true fan. What a pity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|