Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

27 June, 2005

On Flag Burning

Mark Steyn, Cox & Forkum and I all seem to agree on one thing - that a Constitutional Amendment banning flag desecration is a bad idea. As Mr Steyn states, a flag has to be of value to be worth burning.

For my own part though, I would like to see something happen that doesn't require any legislation. Just add flag burning to the plethora of other "free speech" words and symbols that are considered to be hate crimes. I believe that, all you need for something to be considered a hate crime is for at least one person to be highly offended or upset by the "speech."

If there are more stringent requirements, then by all means, enlighten me.

|