Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

01 June, 2005

embryonic stem-cell research?

Why is President Bush so dead-set against this? Because he views it as life? Or as potential life?

If we're talking about "potential life", then there's been a whole bunch of that flushed away by every teenaged boy and girl, huh? See Monty Python, "Every Sperm Is Sacred", a lovely song.

This is one of those things on which I not only don't have an opinion, but I really don't care. The only thing about it which I would like to see in the MSM is this:

The President is not going to prevent embryonic stem-cell research. He never said that he was. His position is that, if this research is so shit-hot, how come the government has to put up the money for what is private (and probably lucrative) R&D?

If it's so damn good - and so far it's only been adult stem-cells that have shown promise - where are the investors? I'm quite sure there are enough medical and chemical corporations that could make use of something like this, not to mention the Buffett's, Gate's and Soros of the world.

I don't get it - is it that damn hard for the media to give the whole truth, instead of their massaged version?

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My visit to your site, GOC in Winston Salem, was the results of the blue green algae search for information regarding the subject embryonic stem-cell research?. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the blue green algae project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’ve been researching the subject Klamath Lake blue green algae and found your site to be resourceful. Although it may not be supporting my embryonic stem-cell research? project, it certainly does provide a fine service and got my attention while I was searching for Klamath Lake blue green algae related information. With a fine site like this one and belonging to GOC in Winston Salem, I’m sure you’ll achieve your goals. Thanks for reading this.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’ve been researching the subject Klamath Lake blue green algae and found your site to be resourceful. Although it may not be supporting my embryonic stem-cell research? project, it certainly does provide a fine service and got my attention while I was searching for Klamath Lake blue green algae related information. With a fine site like this one and belonging to GOC in Winston Salem, I’m sure you’ll achieve your goals. Thanks for reading this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|