Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

11 October, 2004

The Crip Speaks Again

Well, howdy there, folks. It's me - the Attitudinally Challenged Senior Differently-Abled person again. I've been doing some heavy-duty thinking, and the pain has been tremendous.

A bloggin' Buddy has directed my attention over to Jonah Goldberg's column at the National Review Online, and as much as I hate to say it, that dude makes some sense. Shame he's not making sense for the Johns. They could use the help right about now.

One point of view that I think has been overlooked in this terrible fiasco we've gotten ourselves into in Iraq is - Since Bush Lied about the weapons of mass destructon (as we all know by now) and he used that as his only excuse to pick on poor Saddam (well, the only excuse that's being brought up, anyway), wouldn't it make sense that Bush must've known that, after we kicked Saddam's butt all over the Cradle of Civilization, the fact that he had no WMDs would eventually come out?

I mean, is this guy who was clever enough to run this country really as stupid as Mikey Moore and the Kerrynistas say he is? If he is really, truly that dirt ignorant, how could he manage to be "Selected" President? I just don't know.

And I really hate to bring this up, but how did all of your basic European intelligence agencies come to the very same conclusion - that Saddam had nasty things? I know that our CIA is dumber than dirt, but even the French agreed on this one. Hell even Massa Kerry saw the intelligence that was gathered on this and said that, Hell yes, Saddam was a bad man.

I know that my claim to be an independant must really be a facade because I don't agree with Nancy Pelosi, BUT: (and here's the rub)

How is it that all of those folks could have been wrong about this? Does anyone (besides me, of course) think that - just maybe - when Saddam realized that his payoffs to the UN Security Council wern't going to stop the Americans from spoiling he cushy little set-up, he had all the time he needed to hide or get rid of his stocks of CBR stuff and ship the scientists (who could get them back in a week) over to Syria?

I guess that's just the cynic in me talking. After all, just because Syria is the only other Baathist country and they're about the only other country to regularly thumb their noses at anything Western - well, they'd be honor-bound to blow their cover and report this, right?

Nope, the only thing about all of this that makes any sense to our betters is that Bush Lied, People Died!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|