Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

01 September, 2004

The V.A. Clinic

I don't know if it's because I'm in the South, or if some of the changes the government has made to the V.A. are taking effect, but I'll give the Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic here in Winston Salem FIVE STARS!!

From the time we walked in the door until we left, every member of the staff, whether it be doctor, nurse or administrative just couldn't do enough for the patients. I have heard enough horror stories about the V.A. over the years to make me very leery of going there, but they were at least as skilled and much more attentive than 90% of the medical profession that I've paid over the years.

Now that I'm in there, just about every physical (and a couple of mental) things wrong with me are covered - no copay, no nothing!

I can't speak for anywhere else, but if there are any of you vets out there that have shied away from going to the V.A., get registered and at least give them a chance. Now that I'm in there, I won't willingly go anywhere else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|