Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

06 August, 2004

Did He Really Say That?

It's times like this that I wish I had a better filing system.

There are a couple of things that Senator Kerry said recently that I'm not quite sure I understand. Or is alleged to have said (that damn filing system again).

One of those statements said something like, When negotiating with NATO or UN Old Europe leaders, he would use the bargaining chips he has at his disposal. Bargaining chips? What - does he have photos of Schroeder in bed with a camel? Just what "bargaining chips" could the good Senator possibly have?

The other thing that I believe he said - but I can't find - is that he has some 20 years of experience negotiating with the leaders of other nations. Now, I was under the impression that the Constitution (yeah, that living document) specifically gives that power to the Executive Branch. I would like to know just who it was that he "negotiated" with and what his authorization was for doing so.

Hey - I'm just a dumb Former Marine Sgt with more time in the mess hall then Kerry had in uniform - but occasionally thoughts like these jump into my empty head.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Goo. He has said many things that don't make sense..I too was a combat Marine in Country and I know exactly where I was on Christmas eve of 1968..Former Sgt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|