My Atitude Problem Hit Meltdown
The Federal government gives $85 Billion of our money to AIG, so the AIG execs immediately go and spend almost half a million partying. What does our government do? Gives them another $37 Billion. Again, of our money.
Now that the $700 Billion Bailout is "law", can someone please point out where the Constitution gives our lawmakers the right to give charity?
As a taxpayer, I have some questions for our Federal government (you should too). Just over the last 4 years:
* Other than the CIA, DIA, NSA, NRO, etc, I would like to see a complete list of Federal departments and agencies ( the IRS, EPA, FDA, OSHA, etc), what Cabinet position they report to and what their annual payroll and administrative costs are.
* How many Federal grants have been made to State, County or Municipalities - which should have raised the money locally? How much money went in these grants?
For our members of Congress (names, please):
* How much has each spent in earmarks for its home district (using our money for their campaigning)?
* How much has each received from sources other than their government paychecks, and where did this money come from?
* Which ones have gone on "Fact-Finding Missions"? Where to? And did family members go with?
I know better than to get the answers to these, but this is OUR MONEY we're talking about. Our Senators and Representatives believe that they're playing with Government money! The Government HAS NO MONEY THAT IT DIDN'T TAKE FROM US.
If this doesn't truly piss you off, I truly pity the apathetic existence you consider a life.