Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

16 September, 2004

I Can't Believe I Missed It!

I was just so damn sure in my mind that this Friday was going to be National POW/MIA Recognition Day - it's been the 3rd Friday in September ever since it was officially recognized.

I go to their site this morning after a couple of strange days - and, Lo and Behold! - it was yesterday so it wouldn't conflict with Rosh Hashanah.

Man, do I feel cheated! I haven't missed getting the flags out for that in about five years!

I may just fly Old Glory and the POW/MIA flag on Friday as a "make-up" day!

* * * U P D A T E * * *

I was so upset this morning about this that the most obvious reason for not changing the date slipped right past me. When do you take down a flag? Oh, and when do Jweish holy days begin?

I'm pretty certain that both acts begin and end at sunset.

Of course that's just my opinion - I could be wrong.

|