Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

11 August, 2004

This May Suck

Well, that was fun - it only took 27 attempts to log on to Blog Spot this time!

Things might get a leetle strange(r) around here for the next week or so, folks. As some of you know, I have a morphine pump in my gut that feeds a steady stream of that directly into my spinal fluid. I've been getting 8mg a day, which doesn't sound like much, but to take the same amount orally to do the same job I'd need over 10 times as much.

I've started on a clinical trial that is going to test a new pain killer in the pump. It's not addictive, which is a real bonus - but first of all they have to wean me off the morphine. Yesterday they cut the amount in half to 4mg - and I've already started some withdrawl symptoms. By next Wednesday they figure to have me off the morphine completely - a wonderful thing to look forward to, but it means that, in the meantime:
  1. The pain the morphine has been masking is back with a vengence.
  2. The withdrawl is gonna be a bitch.
I'll still be posting when I can, but instead of my usual going nuckin' futz overnight, it may be spread out during the day more.

I'm living in interesting times again. Shit.

|