Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

31 July, 2004

Sandy Berger - Question Time

There are still more than a few things about this Sandy Berger situation - which seems to have been buried really quickly by the media - that I'd love to have answers to:

* Why was he allowed into the National Archives in the first place? Once he ceased to work in a position requiring a security clearance, said clearance is normally removed. In any case, what was his need to know that gave him this access to “thousands of documents”?

* Every time he left the secure room for any reason – whether to go home or for one of his innumerable toilet trips – he should have been checked by security. Why wasn’t he?

* The staff at the National Archives state that while in the room, he was monitored at all times by cameras. Were those cameras merely recording for posterity or was a security guard watching what was going on in there?

* The first time Berger produced a cell phone and started to make a call, he should have been taken into custody. Why wasn’t he?

I will now stuff them in my socks
I will now stuff them in my jocks
The guard does not look too alert
I think I’ll stuff some in my shirt


Berger vouches for Clarke who vouches for Wilson who vouches for ... ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|