Obnoxious Droppings

A Former Sgt in the US Marines, US Army and Australian Federal Police - With an Attitude Problem - Looking at the Shits & Giggles of life from a Quasi-Conservative Point of View * * * WARNING! STRONG LANGUAGE FOLLOWS! * * *

23 July, 2004

I Feel A Rant Coming On

First, a little background on me.  Over the years my travels have taken me to many parts of the world that most people couldn’t find on a map.  Besides traveling all over this great nation; these include:
Marines:
            Vietnam
            Okinawa
            Pakistan
            Australia
Army:
            Germany

After I got out of the service, we packed up and moved to Australia.  I became a dual citizen and we lived there for about 14 years, coming back to America in 1991.

One of the first lessons I learned when I left these shores is that citizenship in any nation is just dandy – as long as you are in that nation.  Once you go anywhere else, no one gives a shit who you are or where you’re from.  You’re in their nation now, and you had best play by their rules.

Of course, there’s always an exception to that, and in this exercise the exception is us.  You say you snuck into our country while our back was turned?  No sweat.  Now that you’re here, you think we should cater to your “culture” while you piss on ours?  Hey – we’ll even make all our signs and documents in your language, just so you’re not inconvienced.  Even though the government in your country is a fucking disgrace, you think you should have a say in ours?  Got you covered – the Democrats pass a “Motor Voter” law that’ll register you to vote without asking any of those uncomfortable questions like “Are you fucking eligible to vote?

I could go on with this, but you get the picture.  And just in case you think this is out of line, consider this:

My wife is an Australian citizen.  Even though we’ve been married for over 30 years, I’ve never asked her to change even though my security clearances went south the day we wed.  It’s her decision.

In 1999 we moved to Winston Salem and, being good little boys and girls, we got resident drivers licenses.  As part of that process we were asked to provide a photo ID, and the only one my wife had handy was her Green Card.  Immediately after checking this ID, which confused the staff at DMV to start with, the fucknuckle asked my wife if she’d like to register to vote!!  She patiently tried to explain to this dipstick that, as an resident alien, she could not legally do that.  Said dipstick looked at her like she had a third eye in the middle of her forehead. 

The poor widdle thing could not grasp the concept that you have to be a U. S. citizen to vote.

This country’s fucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|